- Datalaw Admin
- Aug 9, 2019
- 0 comment(s)
Basics of Criminal Sentencing
Sentencing conventionally happened right after the pronouncement of guilt either a minor infringement of laws rules and regulations or when any accused person found guilty. Before sentencing or giving the verdict a judge has to assess and evaluate some important factors before making any decisions. In this case, the judge typically receives important information from the prosecutor. The sentencing judge has to analyze several things such as:
· He has to review the felon criminal background
· To critically analyze whether the offender is indulged in serious felonies or the assistant of the main offender
· The judge has to analyze the whole case very critically like isn’t this crime consequences of any injury or great personal stress and depression
So all the choices of sentencing vary according to the crime of culprit. These are as follows
· Mandatory sentencing
· Conditional sentence
· Absolute discharge
· Suspended sentence
These are certain types of criminal sentences and the judge has to make unbiased decisions by inspecting the whole case crucially.
Policing and Crime act 2017
Policing and crime act 2017 describes the changes and amendments that are being made to the law through policing and crime act. The new policing and crime act was received by royal assent on 31st of January 2017. The act is enacted and different amendments are made to the existing rules included as A Police and Crime Commissioner, independent Police Complaint Commission and the Police and Criminal Evidence act 1984 was also amended.
The other remarkable change was to introduce the Police Community Support Officer and the diversification of power to police civilian staff. The changes are necessary to strengthen the capability, to upgrade the efficiency, build more public confidence, also last but not it has done to boost accountability. Also, the main amendments are as follows:
· Boost up the responsibility and clarity of the police the federation also improving its core impetus for maintaining the public interest.
· Police complaints and the disciplinary system has been improved only to make sure that the public build confidence in their abilities and skills. It is also done that a police officer will hold the highest standards of integrity.
· This amendment was also made to set a duty of police, fire and ambulance to work together and it is mandatory for police and crime commissioners for being responsible for the fire and provide rescue services especially where the local cases are made.
· This act also amended for those people who remain on bail for a longer period of time, it is reformed to stop people from doing so.
· Increase criminal sentencing such as 5-10 years and sentencing the imprisonment to those who are indulged in serious felonies.
· Protect children against victimization and protect them from any kind of harassment and sexual abuse.
· To make provisions of the utilization of upgraded and modern technology at police stations.
· Provision is made about the license of alcohol
· It is reformed to enhance the power of the National Crime Agency