Crown Court claims workshops
- Datalaw Admin
- Mar 19, 2019
- 0 comment(s)
Workshops showing how to present the right electronic proof while claiming for Crown Court work are to be taken off in the coming months.
A supplier workshop is to be held on 11 April 2019 telling suppliers the best way to accurately claim for electronically served Pages of Prosecution Evidence (PPE).
Extra occasions will be held in Leeds, London and Newcastle over the coming months.
This pursues a fruitful 'PPE and exceptional planning pilot' workshop in Manchester on 11 March 2019.
For what reason is the crown court workshop occurring now?
A few claims are being submitted without the right data. This is prompting pointless dismissals and expense decreases.
Is the workshop just about electronic proof?
The Crown court claims workshop will cover:
· supporting data for electronic proof
· assessment process
· LAA reports
· special planning
Where will crown court workshop be held?
The workshop will be held at the Legal Aid Agency office, 18 The Priory Queensway, Birmingham, on 11 April 2019, somewhere in the range of 11 am and 1.45pm.
How would I apply?
On the off chance that you are keen on-going email firstname.lastname@example.org
Spots are limited so you should apply early.
Where would I be able to discover electronic charging guidance?
The direction is accessible on GOV.UK pages for all parts of Crown Court legal aid fees. This clarifies:
· how to make claims through the Crown Court Defense (CCD) web-based charging framework
· importance of choosing the 'Disc Evidence' choice and printing the circle proof structure
The accompanying data must be submitted for all crown court claims where electronically served proof is being claimed as PPE:
· The disc or discs/other electronic administration media containing the material.
· The full indictment list/s of all proof served for the situation.
· An clarification regarding which of the electronically served displays are being claimed as PPE (for example for each show recorded, clarify why you think about that the idea of this report and the important conditions, explicit to your customer's case, imply that the Appropriate Officer ought to conclude that it is fitting to incorporate this specific thing of material inside the PPE, and assuming this is the case, what number of extra pages are being claimed from the all-out page check inside that display).
· A Schedule in the accompanying configuration ought to be considered in all cases and might be required in cases including high electronic proof checks/multiple discs:
- Disc A, Folder B, Sub Folder C, Document D – 12 pages
- Disc A, Folder E, Document F – 109 pages
- Disc G, Folder H, Document J, Tab K (if a spreadsheet is claimed for)
This should be sent to Legal Aid Agency, Fothergill House, Second Floor, 16 King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS DX: 10035 Nottingham 1