In accordance with the SRA continuing competence-based approach to learning and development, solicitors are being asked to reflect upon aspects of their role and practice, other than technical legal knowledge, with reference to the SRA competency statement. Essentially, practitioners must consider how competent they are in respect of the following:
• Working with other people – Solicitors must demonstrate their ability to delegate, supervise and clearly communicate their expectations.
• Managing themselves and their own work – Solicitors must demonstrate their ability to assess the scope and objectives of their work, manage the resources available within the timeframe agreed and monitor and report upon the performance of those they supervise.
• Applying good business practice – Solicitors must demonstrate that they understand the commercial and financial contact in which they work, for example how to calculate and manage costs and the billing of clients.
The law firm management courses within this section emphasise the importance of managerial effectiveness and will encourage solicitors to reflect upon their training and development needs in respect of the following areas of law firm and people management:
• Finance - The cost and value of time, agreeing budgets and billing clients
• Client Care and relationships
• Recruitment and retainment
• Risk management
• Coaching, mentoring and resolving conflict
Whether you would like to become qualified to supervise, move into law firm practice management or just wish to undertake a solicitor management course for your own personal development, Datalaw’s range of online law firm management courses mean we have something for everyone.
Whilst SRA Stage 1 Management Course is no longer a mandatory requirement for solicitors within their first 3 years of qualification, the SRA Management Course Stage 1 course remains one of Datalaw’s best-selling webinars. When completed in conjunction with SRA Management Course Stage 2, practitioners will also meet the SRA training for law firm supervisors requirement having completed 12-hours of relevant management training.
For those who have previously completed SRA Management Courses 1 and 2 but who would like to complete additional law firm management training, possibly with a view to becoming qualified to supervise others, we have developed two new legal manager training courses; First Level Legal Manager and Senior Level Legal Manager, both of which are included within our Access all Areas membership.
Other highlights include the Legal Aid Supervisor A Masterclass course; delivered by Datalaw favourite, management consultant Mac Mackay, this supervisor training course is essential for those wishing to supervise at firms which have a legal aid contract.
Keywords: Training For Law Firm Supervisors
The Level 3 Management / Legal Aid Supervisor Dual Award is ideal for ... read more
This course is aimed at legal managers who currently assess their ... read more
Do you want to continue your session?