During this bite-size session, lecturer Richard Quenby will provide viewers with a round-up of recent developments in charity including:
· The publishment of the Institute of Fundraising (IoF)’s ‘Connecting People to Causes: A Practical Guide to Fundraising Research’, a practical guide intended to help fundraisers understand the lawful bases for processing data, and ensure fundraisers treat people fairly and lawfully when they conduct major donor fundraising and prospect research work.
· The release of GDPR and Charitable Fundraising guidance briefings by the IoF and the Fundraising Regulator (FR). These documents focus on the practical application of the law and will consider different fundraising methods and how personal data is likely to be used in each case.
· Changes to trustee automatic disqualification rules - As of 1st August 2018, the criteria for automatic disqualification from charity trusteeship will extend to those who hold senior manager positions
· The UK charity regulators (the Charity Commission, Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator and Charity Commission for Northern Ireland) have issued a regulatory alert to charities advising them to use bank accounts in the regulated financial sector in order to safely receive, hold and move charity funds.
The following topics will also be discussed:
· Rates relief schemes
· Converting a charity to a Charitable Incorporated Organistation (CIO)
· Unclaimed Gift Aid
· Reverter provision
Do you want to continue your session?