Wasted Costs Order
This introductory webinar discusses when wasted costs orders can be made in civil proceedings, by reference to the leading authority of Ridehalgh v Horsefield & Anor  EWCA Civ 40.
During this session, barrister Ben Amunwa will assist viewers:
· Understand which kinds of conduct that may result in a wasted costs order
· Learn the 3-stage test that all Judges should follow when an application for an order is made
· Identify the key principles at play when a Judge is considering whether to make a wasted costs order in civil proceedings
· Become familiar with the definitions of “improper, unreasonable and negligent” conduct
· Understand the distinctions and overlap between the different categories of conduct
· Identify how these principles affect solicitors and barristers in different ways
· Appreciate how legal professional privilege may be relevant on an application for an order
Do you want to continue your session?