An invaluable update for all criminal law practitioners who advise suspects at the police station
Essential for criminal practitioners, including probationary and accredited police station representatives and duty solicitors, who provide legal advice and assistance at the police station, this session will ensure that viewers are aware of recent criminal law developments which affect police station practice.
Delivered by barrister and experienced lecturer Colin Beaumont, this session will provide viewers with invaluable guidance on how to tackle difficult issues which arise at the police station stage of the investigation and will consider the following:
• The level of disclosure required prior to an interview taking place
• Issues relating to samples
• Attending the police station to provide biometric material once a decision to prosecute has been made
• Pre-charge bail issues and RUI
• Encryption and how to advise the client accordingly
This course will particularly benefit practitioners having to advise on sexual offences, and possible registration as a sex offender, at an early stage in the investigation.
Do you want to continue your session?