This course offers a practical overview of the key cases under Part II Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 which practitioners in this area should be aware of.
Delivered by experienced lecturer Stephen Desmond, this bite size recorded webinar will cover the topics and relevant case law detailed below:
- Occupation Requirement for Tenant to Acquire Rights under Act
- Cheryl Investments Ltd v Saldanha  1 All ER 5
- Undertenancies not Contracted Out
- Lyndendown Ltd v Vitamol Ltd  EWCA Civ 826
- Tenancies excluded from Part II: s 43
- Tenancies not for a Term Certain
- Newham London Borough Council v Thomas-Van Staden  1 EGLR 21, CA
- When a Lease is Protected under LTA 1954, What New Terms Might be Inserted into the New Tenancy by Court Order?
- Relevant Legal Principles
- O'May v City of London Real Property Co Ltd  1 All ER 660
- Cases Decided under Possession Grounds of s 30 Requiring Proof of Intention
- Dogan v Semali Investments Ltd  EWCA Civ 1036
- Patel v Keles  EWCA Civ 1187
What are the requirements?
- Watch 20 minute recorded webinar, including reference notes, discussion questions and optional evaluation form to test your legal knowledge
- This course provides 0.5 – 1 CPD point (depending on length of time spent considering the discussion questions and completing the evaluation form)
What is the target audience?