Guidance on how to interact with vulnerable clients
Vulnerability can prevent access to legal services, and mean a client requires additional support during the process of receiving legal advice. This course looks at the types of vulnerability clients may experience, and how vulnerability is defined in a variety of sectors. We will consider the regulatory, public policy, and client care aspects of vulnerability and provide ideas for achieving a supportive service within your firm.
This course is suitable for anyone in a client facing or advice giving role, or those handling processes within law firms, looking for a discussion of the challenges faced by vulnerable clients and the obligations of law firms in meeting them.
What we will cover
• The meaning of the term vulnerable, and how vulnerability can affect us all
• Regulatory requirements of the SRA, CLC and FCA regarding vulnerable clients
• Vulnerability and acting in the best interests of the clients
• Vulnerability and taking unfair advantage
• Vulnerability and the link to capacity
• Ideas for client care solutions and developing processes in your firm
Do you want to continue your session?