Guidance for private and in-house practitioners on how to successfully resolve domain name disputes
The interface between domain names and intellectual property rights can lead to some interesting disputes which can be resolved before the courts or, more commonly, by using a dispute resolution mechanism.
During this session, solicitor and lecturer Keith Markham will provide viewers with an overview of the key issues to consider and will detail the practical steps which must be taken in such matters.
Consideration will be given to the following topics:
• Categorisation of domain names – gTLDs, ccTLDs
• Checking domain name registrations
• The problems of cybersquatting and typosquatting
• Dispute resolution mechanisms
• Trademark infringement and passing off in an online context
Do you want to continue your session?